The Peak District Meet Ups
You will always be met with a friendly welcome on our walks. The group has grown these past few years, and now we affectionately call ourselves 'The Herd'
Our Peak Meets give an opportunity for socialising with like minded outdoor enthusiasts to the beautiful backdrop of the Peak District National Park.
Some level of fitness is required but all abilities are encouraged and welcomed, just bare in mind there's lots of hills in the `Peak District'.
Suitable clothing and footwear is a no brainer.
Dogs are always welcome if they belong to responsible and well behaved adults, we love the livestock we meet and we would like to remain friends with farmers (they carry shot guns!) (that's possibly fake news) Please also bare in mind that ground nesting birds love our open moorlands just as much as the dogs do.
Children are always good fun on a walk, but if you are dragging them away from the playstation, let them know hill walking really is 'a thing' and Sam & Sue are the only ones allowed tantrums. Perks of being team leaders!
'The Herd' Events
- Sun, 02 AprSheffield
- Sun, 26 FebBowden Bridge Car Park - Peak District N
- Sat, 10 DecCastleton10 Dec 2022, 09:00Castleton, Castleton Visitor Centre, Buxton Rd, Castleton, Hope Valley S33 8WN, UKGrab your festive hats and Christmas jumpers, and pack a mince pie. Our festive walk this year takes in Castleton, Cavedale, Mam Tor, Losehill and back around to Castleton for a festive tipple and a toast to an awesome Year. Its The Herds Christmas Doo.
- Sun, 13 NovEarl Sterndale13 Nov 2022, 08:30Earl Sterndale, Earl Sterndale, Buxton SK17, UKChange to original walk (Replacing Wyming Brook & Redmires) Chrome Hill - 7 Miles starting from Earl Sterndale, Taking in High Wheeldon Summit before moving on to Hollinsclough, and a scramble up to Chrome Hill and the impressive Dragons Back Ridge.
- Sun, 25 SeptGradbach Car Park
- Fri, 19 AugCrossgate Farm Campsite19 Aug 2022, 10:00 – 21 Aug 2022, 14:00Crossgate Farm Campsite, Tintwistle, Glossop SK13 1HP, UKBack for a 2nd Year! The Herd Fest returns!! - Different camp ground, different walks - 100% same fun and laughter along the way. Do not miss out on a full weekend of stunning scenery by day, and amazing nights by the campfire and under the stars with great friends.
- Sun, 26 JunThe Robin Hood Inn
- Sun, 15 MayCrowden Car Park (Peak District NPA)15 May 2022, 08:30Crowden Car Park (Peak District NPA), Unnamed Road, 1HZ, Glossop SK13 1HZ, UKHey Edge Trig, Westerdale Moss, Tooleyshaw Moore to Black Hill Trig Point. Pennine Way, Laddow Rocks and the amazing views down the Crowden Valley. Moderate to Difficult - Boggy Moorland, suitable footwear and protection will be required - see details below.
- Sun, 27 FebEdale Car/Coach Park
- Sun, 30 JanTorside Car Park - Peak District NP
- Wed, 15 DecCastleton Visitor Centre15 Dec 2021, 18:00Castleton Visitor Centre, Castleton Visitor Centre, Buxton Rd, Castleton, Hope Valley S33 8WN, UKWed 15th December - Castleton visitor centre Santa suits at the ready! Lights, the brighter the better. Come and light up the great ridge and join us for a festive hike up Mam Tor via Hollins Cross and back down Winnats Pass to the Bulls Head Pub.
- Sun, 21 NovBowden Bridge Car Park
- Sun, 24 OctOL3 7NE
- Sun, 26 SeptPym Chair Car Park
- Fri, 20 AugSomerset House Farm20 Aug 2021, 10:00 – 22 Aug 2021, 13:00Somerset House Farm, Wardlow, Buxton SK17 8RW, UKBackpacks And Bruises & Grizzly D Outdoors Present The Hairy Herd - Camp & Walking Festival 2021. Join us for 3 epic days of amazing scenic walks in The Peak District, with fun and banter around a campfire. Grab your tents and flag poles!
- Sun, 08 AugBowden Bridge Car Park - Peak District N
- Sun, 20 JunFairholmes Car Park
MEET 'THE HERD'
Happiness is...Fresh air and good friends